FRIENDS OF LAPHROAIG
Why is the programme changing?
- Mainly based on feedback! We heard your requests to shifting to a programme that focuses on premium experiences and exclusives versus swag.
- Our current programme is tailored for countries that can purchase through our online store, but we want to expand benefits to all Friends across the globe.
How will the programme be transitioned?
- Point redemption has been broken for over a year, and before we change over, we want to give you the opportunity to redeem the points you have, so point redemption will be back up and running!
- We’ll be working on getting new merchandise to the Webstore at Laphroaig.com to redeem points against over the next 4-5 months, so make sure to check regularly.
- Users will stop accruing new points for purchases from our Laphroaig Webstore 30/9/20.
- Existing points will be redeemable through 30/6/21.
- ** See below for a list of countries that we ship to via our Webstore.
What does the new programme look like?
- We’re going to be relaunching with a tiered programme that allows FoLs to get rewarded for how they engage with the brand – not only via purchase, but through digital and physical interactions as well.
- We’ll have new exclusive experiences and benefits coming that you can unlock by moving through the tier system.
- The new system will go live globally in early 2021.
- All existing FoLs will be automatically entered in at the second tier level for the first calendar year, with benefits available immediately and new benefits continuing to roll out throughout the year.
- Plots of Peat are here to stay – no worries about them going away. You’ll still be able to come to Islay and visit your claimed plot and your annual rent.
Will bottles of Laphroaig no longer contain codes redeemable for points?
- You may still get a code in your bottle, but as we roll out our new system, you’ll also be able to scan your receipt to get points for purchase. Eventually, we will phase out the inserts and move solely to receipt scanning and digital interaction to interact with the program and accrue points.
If I don't use my points for merchandise what can I use them for? What will I be able to use them for in the future?
- In select countries, we are working on setting up a new feature so that you can also use your points for discounts off Laphroaig liquid (based on where we are able to ship.) We anticipate offering this new feature by end of 2020. Please navigate to the list of countries at the end of this document marked with a * for those countries we expect to offer a discount on liquids.
- For those Friends who have more than 500 points, we’ll be grandfathering you in at the top tier level at the program launch.
- Points will expire on 30/6/21, but you’ll still be able to take advantage of the program via the new tiered system.
How can I "use" my points?
- You can redeem these points against value for Laphroaig merchandise.
- You can apply these at the checkout screen.
Will I still be able to redeem my points after the cut-off date at the Laphroaig distillery?
- No, sorry. The cut-off date applies globally to all locations.
- We hope to add new experiences at the distillery at some point exclusively available to our higher tiered Friends.
Which merchandise items will be available and when?
- We don’t know yet – stay tuned.
- We'll be posting new merchandise regularly over the next several months.
- We will still have merchandise available indefinitely for users to purchase, so don’t worry about it all running out!
Why is the delivery fee for UK & US Friends so much?
- Unfortunately we are still not yet capable of reducing the cost of shipping for smaller deliveries to the UK & US, but we’re working on this and looking to find a solution over the following months. We’ll contact all UK & US FoLs regarding this when we are able to give specific dates.
- Please don’t worry about all of the merchandise being taken as we have made a special effort to ensure that we have enough, including special FoL branded merchandise only available for Friends of Laphroaig.
- Currently, we have a flat rate for UK customers so if redeemed merchandise is added to a purchase of any liquids there will be no added delivery fee.
**To which countries can the Webstore ship merchandise?