Welcome to the Laphroaig Quarter Cask web site (the Site). I am very pleased to welcome you to our domain, but before you read on about Laphroaig Quarter Cask® single Islay malt Scotch Whisky, I would be grateful if you would take a few minutes to read the important materials that follow. After all, we all like to feel that our world is legal and above board!
This Site is owned by Allied Domecq Spirits & Wine Limited of The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bedminster Down, Bristol BS 13 8AR, UK an associated company of D Johnston & Company Limited. You can contact us by e-mail. To keep things simple, I have referred to the company as we and us in the paragraphs that follow.
The purpose of this section is to describe the conditions (the Terms) that apply to your access to and use of our Site. If you visit us at this Site, and click the I AGREE function on our home page, we will assume that you understand and intend these Terms to apply to you in the same way as any signed, written contract.
- This site is designed to promote and to inform you about Laphroaig Quarter Cask® single Islay malt Scotch Whisky, an alcoholic drink. If it is illegal for you to use this Site in your country, then sadly we must advise you to please exit this Site now. We look forward to a time when you are able to join us. If you are of legal age, our products should be consumed and enjoyed in moderation!
- The following points may help you to understand the legal environment in which we operate (I am afraid it is a little tricky):
- to use this Site you must be of legal drinking age OR of the age required in order to purchase alcohol in your country - if you are not please exit this Site. We look forward to informing you about Laphroaig Quarter Cask® at an appropriate time in the future.
- Restricted Territories in some countries of the world it is not permissible for citizens to visit a Site like ours due to local laws restricting the sale and/or promotion of alcoholic beverages. If you are visiting from a country where restrictions apply, you should exit this Site now. If you are unsure about the law, you should exit now and check your legal position before continuing.
- Rights - all of the material you see on this site is owned by us or used by us with the consent of the owner. We are very happy for you to visit this Site and to print copies of material on it for your personal, non-commercial use, but all other copying is prohibited and all other rights are reserved.
- Trade marks - the word Laphroaig Quarter Cask is a trade mark belonging to Allied Domecq Spirits & Wine Limited and is registered in many different countries. This is also true of many of the other logos and creative materials that you will see on our product pack and on this Site. We (and the other owners of other materials used on this Site) are proud of these precious assets and make every effort to protect them. We would ask you to note that any use or reproduction of these trade marks is prohibited.
- No Warranties we provide this Site as is. We have taken care in preparing materials for the Site but we cannot guarantee that :
- It will always be available for you to visit/use in the current format;
- Software downloaded from the Site will be compatible with your equipment or free from viruses;
- All materials will be accurate or complete.
- Our Liability - to the fullest extent possible at law we (and all of our sister, parent and subsidiary companies) exclude all liability for any loss or damage (including direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or damage) suffered by you as a result of any visit to or use of this site or of any materials provided on it or downloaded from it or your inability to use this site or any error in the provision of this site or any computer virus transmitted through this Site whether such loss or damage arises from our negligence or otherwise and even if we are expressly informed of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- Materials submitted by you - you must take care with the posting of materials to our bulletin boards or otherwise submitted to the Site. We cannot treat these materials confidentially and similarly we must be free to use and to disclose these whether they are ideas, creative concepts or other materials without payment of any sum or acknowledgement of you as their source. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of use or disclosure of such materials by us. This paragraph does not affect any rights you may have under data protection or similar laws, to the extent that such rights cannot be excluded or limited by us. Please see our privacy statement for further details.
- Chat Room/Public Forum if you use our chat room facility, or any other public facilities (e.g., message boards and news groups) the following rules will apply to you. By reading, using or sending material to the chat room /bulletin board you agree to observe these rules. If you do not agree to observe these rules, do not use the above facilities. If you breach any of these rules we may deny you access to these facilities and to this Site.
For the sake of completeness we must ask that you do NOT do any of the following:
- post to or on the bulletin board or in any other public forum any materials which are harassing, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, racist, or which may cause embarrassment or distress to any person or are otherwise unlawful or objectionable;
- impersonate any person, including any of our employees, customers or bulletin board hosts;
- post to or on the bulletin board (or in any other public forum) any advertising or promotional materials or any other form of solicitation.
We cannot and do not accept any liability for any loss or damage which you (or a third party) may suffer as a result of any posting on or participation in our bulletin boards, chat rooms or any other public forum offered by this Site. Whilst we do not pre-screen postings to or edit these facilities we occasionally monitor for material that may breach these rules. We may remove any such postings by you without prior notice to you and shall have no liability to you in respect of such removal.
If you notice any posting on any of our public facilities which in your view breaches these rules please cut and paste it into an email, together with the identify of the person who posted it and send it to us. We cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your email.
- Links to other sites - sites to which you link through this Site are independent of our Site and we have no control over them. We recommend that you take care in using these Sites and advise that we cannot and do not accept any liability in respect of your use or inability to use them.
- Other legal notices - there are other legal notices on areas of this Site which relate to your use of specific areas.
- Changes to this legal notice - we may amend this legal notice from time to time.
- Law and Jurisdiction - these Terms and any matter relating to this Site will be governed by English law and the English courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction in respect of them.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, OR HAVE ANY DOUBTS ABOUT THEIR APPLICATION TO YOU,
PLEASE EXIT THE SITE NOW.
IF YOU DO ACCEPT THESE TERMS, ENTER THE SITE HERE.
© Allied Domecq Spirits & Wine Limited, 2000