This Site is made available by Allied Domecq Spirits & Wine Limited of The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bedminster Down, Bristol BS13 8AR, UK, Email: Allied Domecq - referred to in this statement as we or us. The Site is hosted for us by VPH Ltd of 30-32 Grays Inn Road, Holborn, London WC1X 8HR and Mail Marketing of 740 South Street, Glasgow, G14 0SZ runs the Laphroaig shop for us.
When you submit your personal details to us as described below you consent to their use by us in the ways indicated.
The information we collect and the purposes for which it will be used
- When you order goods from the Laphroaig Shop - we will collect your name, email address, postal address, country and credit or debit card details. We may also ask you for a contact telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order, and to verify your age. We will use these details to process your order for goods and to arrange for delivery to you by one of our nominated courier companies. [By selecting our secure server you will ensure that all these details are encrypted on their transmission over the Internet.] We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to enable us to develop the design and layout of the store and the goods offered by us to you and other site visitors.
- When you post a comment to any bulletin board we will use your email address for the purposes of administering the bulletin board and ensuring your compliance with its rules. We will not publish your email address on our Site but you may choose to do so at your own risk.
- When you register as a Friend of Laphroaig we will collect your name, e-mail address, postal address and possibly also other financial details and demographic details (e.g., postal/zip code, country, age, income level). We will also ask you to complete a short questionnaire about your purchasing habits of Laphroaig Quarter Cask® single Islay malt Scotch Whisky and other drinks. This enables us to build a better picture of our Friends and to tailor the Site accordingly to their collective or individual tastes.
- When you enter a competition, prize draw or similar contest - we will require the submission of your name, email address and postal address. We may also collect other financial or demographic information (postal/zip code, country, age, income level and purchasing habits). We will use this information principally for the purposes of administering the competition in accordance with its rules. Please note, if you win the competition we will publish your name and country (but not your email or full postal address) on the Site.
- Marketing - we may occasionally use any or all of your personal details collected in the ways described above to send you, or permit our sister, parent, subsidiary and associated companies to send you, information on Laphroaig Quarter Cask® single Islay malt Scotch Whisky and other goods and services which we think may interest you. From time to time we may team up with other providers of quality goods or services for the purposes of making special offers to you. In this case, the other party will only be allowed to use your data for the purpose of that offer.
If you do not wish your personal details to be used in this way please click on the appropriate opt out button when submitting your data. Alternatively, if you wish us to remove your details from our marketing database at any time please send an email.
- Will we disclose the information we collect to outside parties? We do not routinely sell, trade or rent your personal information to others but we will make this information available to our sister, parent, subsidiary and associated companies who may send you information on Laphroaig Quarter Cask® single Islay malt Scotch Whisky and other goods and services which we think may interest you. We may occasionally team up with other providers of quality goods or services for the purposes of making special offers to you. In these circumstances the other party will only be allowed to use your data for the purpose of that offer. [Note however that we will not disclose your credit card details to these third parties]
We may also occasionally transfer the information you supply to our affiliates outside the European Economic Area in countries which may have differing standards for the protection of personal data. If you have any concerns about this please email us.
Click here to exit this policy. To enter the web site click I agree
© Allied Domecq Spirits & Wine Limited, 2000